We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer in our Portland, Maine office. You will work in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technologies. Our Infrastructure Engineers combine strong engineering disciplines with a business focus for delivering IT solutions. Our Infrastructure Engineers work independently and with account managers and engineers to plan, design, deploy, operate, and optimize IT environments, as well as serve as a technical resource to engineers and account managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall accountability for project execution for assigned tasks.
- Act as the principal technical contact for strategic clients.
- Proactively maintain the technical aspects of the client’s corporate LAN and WAN environments.
- Plan and implement future IT initiatives and undertake corresponding project work.
- Direct the implementation and integration of new technologies.
- Perform network design analysis and configuration validation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive network documentation.
- Serve as a technical resource to troubleshoot and diagnose clients LAN and WAN problems.
- Work closely with account managers to develop, design, refine and present solutions to clients and potential clients.
- Develop architectures and planning for tactical and strategic requirements, system definition, and feasibility determination.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network, system, and performance issues.
- Monitor, examine, and stay abreast of current trends in technology by researching, identifying, and evaluating new IT related products and services.
- Ensure others are aware of trends and opportunities to leverage new technology.
- Be proficient in three or more assigned technologies (routing, switching, VoIP, Unified Communications, wireless, firewalls) while acting as the subject matter expert in at least one LAN or WAN solution.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to staff members to increase skill sets.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors such as Cisco and SonicWall.
- Make time entries promptly, thoroughly and accurately.
- A minimum of 3+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in information technology services roles such as an Infrastructure Engineer or Network Engineer.
- Significant experience and understanding of one or more LAN and WAN technologies such as routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS), ASA, Unified Communications & Collaboration, VPNs, QoS, Layer 2&3 switching and VLANS, and WAN optimization.
- Significant experience with Cisco technologies and best practice design.
- Demonstrated success in managing and delivering assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Familiarity with SonicWall and Cisco firewalls.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Certifications preferred: CCNA level or above
For immediate consideration, please visit our Careers page to apply. (NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.)
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.